This soup recipe is derived from ‘Body Foods for Women’ by Jane Clarke – the book that is ignited my passion for food many years ago, and inspired me to become a nutritionist.
This recipe is packed with antioxidants, namely beta-carotene and Vitamin C, and so is perfect for when you feel a cold coming on or are just feeling generally below par.
But most importantly it tastes fresh and fantastic!
Ingredients Carrot & Orange Soup
- 1 tbspn sesame oil
- 1 onion – chop
- 6 carrots – peel & chop
- Grated zest & juice of 1 orange
- 1 bay leaf
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Parsley, chives or soaked hazelnuts for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pan, gently cook onion and carrots until softened. Add orange zest, bay leaf and stock.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf, add orange juice and blend until smooth.
- Add seasoning as required and garnish with herbs.
- Alternatively grind hazelnuts in a coffee grinder (pre-soaking aids digestion) and add some seasoning such as herb salt or Braggs sauce to taste. Sprinkle on top of soup and enjoy!
If you would like to know more see my Nutritional & Meal Planning Service