Oatmeal – Great on its own or as Pancake
1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup rice/almond milk
1/4 cup live plain yogurt (if tolerated)
1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds (add 1/2 tspn more if omitted the yoghurt)
1 teaspoon honey, optional (or substitute any preferred sweetener)
- Banana chocolate oatmeal – 1 tablespoon cocoa powder & 1/4 cup diced ripe banana, or enough to fill jar (approx. half of a small banana)
- Blueberry oatmeal – 2 teaspoons maple syrup (more or less to taste) & 1/4 cup blueberries (or enough to fill jar)
- Apple cinnamon oatmeal – 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon & 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (or enough to fill jar)
- Add oats, milk, yogurt, and chia seeds to jar, along with desired sweetener. Mason or empty jam jars are ideal.
Put a lid on the jar and shake to combine.
- Add fruit and stir gently until combined. Put some fruit pieces on the top.
- Place in fridge overnight and up to 2 days; maybe longer depending on the type and ripeness of the fruit. The non-banana varieties can be good after 4 days.
- During the overnight soak, the oats and chia seeds absorb the liquid and soften. They have a great eating texture by the next day.
If you would like to learn more about nutrition or meal planning – please contact me today