This Not Nutella recipe needs a good processor/blender, but if you have one its pretty lovely. The recipe makes 2 cups of spread.
• 2 cups raw hazelnuts (240g)
• 1 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp pure maple syrup, xylitol, or unrefined sugar
• pinch stevia, or 1 tbsp additional sugar
• 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
• optional: 2 tsp oil for extra smoothness
• 1/2 cup milk of choice
Roast hazelnuts for 6-8 minutes at 400 F. Rub them together in a paper towel to get the skins off. (It’s ok if a few stubborn skins won’t come off.) In a Vita-mix or food processor, blend the nuts until they’ve turned to butter, then add all other ingredients and blend a long time until it’s smooth like Nutella!